All 7 art Reviews

Kidnap ALL the Princesses 2 Kidnap ALL the Princesses 2

I don't think this composition is as strong as the last piece you did in this series. All the focus seems to be drawing my eye off the right-side of the image. Ganon's pose is very authoratative, but very balanced, so it has less of a dyanmic "running away" feel that the previous piece did.

Look what I found Look what I found

Nice work on the atmospheric perspective. The background is actually quite functional for this piece. The light source seems a bit confused in places on the figures, seeming to come from slightly different angles and at different intensities in places. Were you working from a preset palette? I'm a little torn on the colors used for the legs and the larger jacket. I think they would benefit from higher contrast to help them stand out from the background, but at the same time the lack of contrast does bring the focus squarely to the fluorescent green hair.

The pose for (Senry? the green-haired girl) doesn't seem to really pop. It looks like she doesn't care that she's being lifted by her arm (a very uncomfortable thing to have done to you), but her expression shows a great deal of surprise. Instinctively I think that she should be trying to use her other arm to grab Bro's fist; both to more comfortably support her weight and to try and free herself.

kmau responds:

I was focusing more on painting techniques in this piece hence the lightning suffered a bit. Senrys position is indeed very unrealistic, but when I first sketched it it looked so cartoony and funny that I decided to keep it this way instead of having her hang like a wet noodle.

Adult Mandy animation Adult Mandy animation

Nice supporting motion, the kick and the fire-breathing especially benefit from the added arm movement. If anything, I would add extra frames to the punches and overemphasis the flow-through on the uppercut to really put more power behind it. Also don't forget to juice things up with some impact effects.

Diepod responds:

Thanks I'll keep that in mind.

Game Over Screen Area 21 Game Over Screen Area 21

You might want to check your hud for colorblind problems. Particularly the use of flat red on the text will cause problems, but the overall lack of value range detracts from the quality of the interface as a whole.

pockets08 responds:

Thats actually some B.A. Response there - My brother is color blind in some areas, So I'll have him look at it :P hehe. I'll spruce it up a bit with that link you sent when I can - and what do you mean lack of value range? - OH and this isnt for an ACTUAL game, its just a graphic - to create irony of the arcade...It will be displayed in a animation or poster, (not sure what the boss wants yet) - but its all just for Theme of an arcade ROOM. not being an actual game :3

Kidnap ALL the Princesses 1 Kidnap ALL the Princesses 1

Nice dynamic movement! The concept is really cute too, but I think the atmospheric perspective could benefit from some higher contrast on the princess' dress; it blends in with the background quite a bit.

Diepod responds:

I appreciate the feedback.

Horo The Wise Wolf Horo The Wise Wolf

You've got good taste.

Cute, but pay attention to how you draw the tail. It's a very important part of Horo's design both physically and to her personality. Try to make sure it flows naturally from the lower back rather than sprouting mysteriously from the side of the hip.

Yoko Yoko

Not a bad rendition

It's always nice to see more of your (somewhat) less finished and polished work Rob. Though I think you probably right in this regard as in this piece I think you can feel that Yoko is a bit unnaturally posed and her extended arm obscures most of her backside and leg, which you seem be going to great pains to focus on with the rest of the pose. Yoko's always a fun character to work with though, so I'm sure this excercise won't go to waste, even if it languishes half-finished in this gallery.